How to Apply
How to Apply
Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility
Eligible homeowners may only apply for the Oregon Homeowner Assistance Fund during or after the phase in which they qualify. If you apply before the appropriate phase, your application will be withdrawn and you will need to reapply during the correct phase. The same information this site provides can also be found in this downloadable PDF | En español.
To confirm your eligibility to apply:
Step 2: Gather Your Documents
Eligible homeowners will need to provide the following as part of their application:
- Most recent mortgage statement for all mortgages on the property
- Most recent property tax statement (please check with your county)
- Most recent utility bill (any utility)
- Most recent homeowners’ or condominium association dues statement (if applicable)
- Most recent statement of award letter for government assistance programs (only verification of one program is needed, if applicable)
Some applicants may also need the following, if applicable to their situation:
- Documents qualifying a homeowner to apply in early phases
- Foreclosure documents, such as Notice of Sale, Notice of Default, or court papers
- Most recent homeowner insurance declaration page or statement, if homeowner insurance is not part of your mortgage payment
- Divorce decree that describes ownership or award of the property or housing cost responsibility, in cases where an ex-spouse is still on the property title or mortgage
- Name change documentation – If the name on your mortgage statement is different from the name on your application or identification, provide documentation demonstrating legal name change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, legal name change court order).
- Mobile home title or ownership certificate, loan statement, and/or lot rental agreement
- Floating home loan statement and/or moorage rental agreement
- Land sale contract and payment statement
- Private mortgage loan document and payment statement
Step 3: Apply
Step 4: Watch Your Email for Further Instructions
Confirmation that your application has been received will be sent to the email provided in your application. Review of your application will take 90-120 days, but it might take longer if a large number of applications are received.
Please note that we will send you an email if additional information for your application is needed. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made. To check on the status of your application, call 833-604-0879.
To get notified when new phases open, sign up for email updates: